We, the men and women and children of Faith, united in the knowledge that faith in Jesus Christ as Savior from sin is the only way to enter heaven, exist as a congregation to proclaim the message of salvation to the world by reaching out to those who do not know Christ and by nurturing those who do, encouraging them to lead lives of Christian service all to the glory of God.
We Believe, Teach and Confess
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, His unchanging and error-free message to people of all times.
- There is only one God. He reveals himself as three distinct persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God created the first man and woman holy and without sin. But they, of their own free will, fell into sin and thus brought sin upon the whole human race.
- Sin is thus in all people by nature, and reveals itself in every transgression of God's holy will by thought, word or deed.
- The wages of sin are death and damnation in hell, an eternal, agonizing separation from the holy God.
- But God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to free the world from sin.
- Jesus earned forgiveness for the whole human race with His perfect life and His innocent suffering death.
- This glorius fact is accepted by faith, which is worked in the heart by God, the Holy Spirit, through specific tools: His Word and the Sacraments - Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- Only by faith in the work of Jesus Christ do we become heirs of the glories of heaven. This is a gift of God's undeserved love and not a result of our own efforts. While yet on earth we want to show our love for Him who first loved us.
- At our death we shall inherit the full glories of everlasting life with Jesus in heaven, where there will be no pain or sorrow, and all tears will be wiped from our eyes.
If you were to die tonight, would you be certain of what would happen to you? If you were to stand before the Lord in judgment of your life and He asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would you tell Him? It is our purpose, as a gathering of Christians, to help people find the answers to these important questions. We look to the Bible for answers. There we find the following:
There is a God who holds people responsible for everything they do.
This God wants all people to go to heaven when they die.
God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world to lead a perfect life in place of our imperfect lives. God also sent Jesus to suffer death by crucifixion, and thereby take the agony and punishment that we rightfully deserve for the things we’ve done wrong.
Anyone who believes that their sins are forgiven only through the perfect life and death of God’s Son, Jesus Christ will receive eternal life in heaven.